Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day Four: Last Minute Plans, Flip Camera Session...& off to Chitown!

A late day four.
Class was spent with the university's film coordinator, Bob Rafferty. We have several new ideas on our agenda. D'Arcy thinks it would be a good idea to document our trip and make it into a movie for Wittenberg's website. So, Bob came in to show us examples of what a good documentation looks like, show us how to edit and upload our videos from our flip cameras to our blogs and desktops. We are all responsible for scheduling an interview with Bob aside from capturing our own clips and editing them for the video. In addition, we are to upload our own videos and photos to our blogs. This online documentation is about to get 10 times more complicated and for a lack of a better word, cool.

I have to admitt, I am nervous about heading to Chicago. Yes...I am from this wonderful city, but I am setting foot in my hometown with a different identity and an agenda. My fears are the unknown, and knowing how to make the best use of my time during this seven day period. Thus far, I have one confirmed interview and concert to attend on the evening of the 8th. I have another concert to attend on the evening of the 9th for the same article. I will be spending time this week observing the different attractions for my new story idea that will appear at the beginning of the magazine: Top ten "Must Sees" while in Chicago. My plans for this article are to interview random people who visit these attractions: the Hancock building, Millennium Park, the Bean, etc. and write short reviews about each. I have yet to contact a friend who lives in Bucktown for my "Urban Neighborhoods" piece.

Am I behind? Not sure, I am a first timer moving at my own pace.

Off to Chitown, more later!
Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment